11.8.10

Moving along

Last weekend Jonathan and I went rappelling down Battle Creek Falls in Pleasant Grove to practice for our larger upcoming adventure with an outdoors group to San Rafael Swell this weekend. On this trip we plan to do a few more rappels - one of them being a 180foot rappel. We are really excited! Honestly, I am so happy that we have branched out of our everyday lives and taken the initiate to meet other awesome people in Utah. Ever since I have started reading this book called "Deep Economy" I wanted to stop being a hyper-individualist-American and meet more people - I would go into more detail but I am afraid I won't make any sense unless you read the book (which I recommend to EVERYONE).
Below is both where we began our rappel, and a picture of the device that clipped in to our harness and held us to the rope - Needless to say, I was hesitant to trust my life with it...
On a side note, I started my job this week and so far I believe that I am really going to enjoy what I do, which is always a good thing :) Now that I have a new job and Jonathan has been working at a law firm part time for a while, we are going to look at homes again. We aren't going to get too excited about any homes because we really aren't sure what the future is going to bring. All we do know is that we have a SUPER long commute every day that is going to be nearly impossible in the winter (I can't even think about winter quite yet since this summer has been so amazing).
I also know that I have a deep desire to wake up in the morning to a home/apartment/condo, that is filled with all of my decorations, my clutter, my memories, and my love. The picture above is from our apartment in VT and although our place truly wasn't anything special - I loved it for what it was and what we had. Lately, I have become obsessed with stalking design blogs and it only makes me crave something of my own that much more. I hope I can do a better job of designing, but of course that might also require a little more money than we have to spare :)
However, I will continue to remain patient as I have simply loved and enjoyed this summer in Midway. There is nothing more peaceful than the beautiful surroundings and sunsets we see everyday.

1 comment:

Liz Smith said...

i will have to pick up a copy of that book. i definitely consider myself a hyper-individualistic american and it's so annoying!