14.2.13

Happy Valentine's Day!

For Valentine's Day this year, Jonathan and I decided  to keep things low key, especially considering that I have a nasty cold bug which makes tonight anything but 'romantic'.  Since I have been cooped up at home all day,  I made Jonathan this collage of all of the years we have spent together. We have had so many amazing memories over the years and I can honestly say that I know I am a better person with Jonathan by side.  I love him so much!
Jonathan got me an Italian themed gift equipped with home made Italian pasta, pasta sauce, Italian chocolate, and Italian coffee. I thought for sure the next thing he was going to give me was a plane ticket to Italy - not quite because that definitely would not be equivalent to "low key".  It was a seriously thoughtful gift which is another reason why I love him so much!

In between the cold weather, the winter storms, the smoggy air, and being constantly sick I have been spending quite a bit of my time being 'crafty' this winter.  I think it helps to lift my spirits when the weather feels so drab.  I made this heart wreath for my door which is made out of felt and cardboard.


Now I need to think of a new cute wreath for Easter/Spring.  I am not going to lie, I hate decorating for Easter.  I am not a fan of bunnies, pastels, or eggs.  Bunnies are evil. Pastels remind me of the 90's and eggs are simply food.  I guess I'll just have to pull together my creativeness and do something a little different than the norm.

I also made this DIY painted rug. I bought the rug from Ikea for $40. I bought the paint from home Depot for $20, color: Behr, Midnight Dream. And I made the stencil myself which was free! The only cost associated with this rug was the cost of time. For me, the time that I spent working on this project (which was about a weeks worth of time) was therapeutic. I love crafts and tot to mention that I think it turned out pretty awesome :)



Anyway, I hope that everyone else has had a great, 'sick-free' Valentine's day!

No comments: