16.2.11

Acacia Wood Flooring

We finally gave in and decided that we needed to have our floors professionally installed. After all, I am sure they are done acclimating to our house since they have been sitting in our living room since November. Today we are day #3 into the installation process and I honestly could not be happier with the way everything is coming together! A part of me wants to lay on the ground and hug them because I love them so much!
Another update: Archways. Jonathan spent an entire week building archways in all of the hallway/entryways and I must say that he did an absolutely fabulous job!
This past week, we also took out our dishwasher and sink from the kitchen. As hard as it was to part from the convenience of having a dishwasher, I am excited that we are one step closer to getting this project done. Our cabinets should be installed sometime next week, or the following week. I realized something astronomical - I have been without a functioning kitchen now for 4 months! That is crazy! I long for fresh baked cookies, and crave homemade meals more so than when I was in college living in a dorm room
On a more positive note, our basement is almost complete. I still have a few more things to do to in order to polish it off, but I am pretty sure this will always be the case anywhere in our home. Lastly, Valentines day was yet another great day to spend with my hubby! I must say, I truly think he is amazing at picking out the most beautiful bouquets (and Liz, if you are reading this, I am sorry about your flower experience).
And that's all for now - I really REALLY REALLY hope that my next post includes finished (or at least partly finished) pictures of the kitchen.

3 comments:

Liz Smith said...

i love your flowers! i know, my flowers were lame. It was such a bummer because i promise jared is good at picking flowers too....lol.

okay, so now about your house: i am love, Love, LOVING IT!!!!! I loooooove the sectional in your basement. We have been in the market for a sectional and i think you guys made an excellent choice! i am inspired now to get my butt moving on that. and omg, your hardwood floors are A-MAZING!

i am so glad everything is coming along and that it is looking fabulous (just like i knew it would ;) ) keep the pictures coming! :) :) :)

Cheryl Anne said...

Wow, it looks amazing so far! I'm glad you finally got some help getting it done. :) It is SO much work, and living without a kitchen is really really not fun. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! lol!

Love ya!

JosephWalker said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this great information. This is really very helpful for the people who are remodeling their home/commercial office or want to give a new look for their dream house.
Acacia Flooring